NX Tip of the Week
May 22, 2015
NX - Using Extend Sheet in NX 10
Hello everyone - In this week's Ally PLM Tip of the Week, we will take a look at using Extend Sheet command in NX 10.
1) In Modeling on the Surface Tab in the Surface Operations Group, click Extend Sheet (also in Shape Studio):
2) Here are the surfaces that we are going to extend:
3) Here is the command dialog for Extend Sheet:
4) You can extend the sheet two different ways under Limit:
a. Offset - uses a value for an offset value to extend/shorten the sheet.
i. In the example below, I selected both vertical edges of the green surface to offset/extend:
b. Until Selected - uses a face to extend to.
i. In the example below, I selected the right edge of the yellow surface and selected the face of the green surface to extend to:
5) There are also other options to investigate under the settings group.
a. Surface Extension Shape
i. Natural Curvature:
ii. Natural Tangent:
b. Edge Extension Shape
c. Body Output
i. Extend Original Sheet:
ii. Extend as New Face:
iii. Extend as New Sheet:
In this Ally PLM Tip of the Week, we took a look at using Extend Sheet to extend surfaces. I encourage you to create a simple example like the screen shot above and try the different options outlined above.
Senior Application Engineer
Ally PLM Solutions, Inc.
Want more tips? Sign up HERE to receive our Tip of the Week.