Here is the workflow to resolve this issue:
1) Start- Control Panel – Type appwiz.cpl – hit enter.
2) Remove/uninstall all older versions of Java.
a. Right mouse click on the program – uninstall.
b. If you are running a 64 bit machine make sure you remove both 32 bit and 64 bit version of Java.
3) Open Internet Explorer – Versions of Internet Explorer that are supported as web browsers for NX9 listed on the Siemens website are Internet Explorer 9 & 10, but we have used 11 without any issues. (https://support.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/docs/nx/nx9/rn/index.html#uid:index_sysinfo:id1533284:browser_requirements )
4) Make sure Internet Explorer is the default web browser on your machine:
a. Open Internet Explorer – Tools – Internet Options –Program – Make Default
5) Make sure NX help documentation is installed on your machine:
a. Here is how you can check if documentation is installed on your machine
For NX 9:
- Start – All Program – Siemens NX 9.0
For NX 8.5:
6) Click on the link to download and install the latest version of Java on your machine. (http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp)
7) If you have Internet Explorer as the default, the link will automatically open in Internet Explorer.
8) Make sure you download both 32 bit and 64 bit versions of Java.
a. More information at https://support.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/docs/nx/nx9/rn/index.html#uid:index_sysinfo:id744501:id744509:id744518
9) Run/install 32 &64 bit version of Java. The process is very straight forward you just have to follow the prompts.
10) Restart your computer.
11) Download the Java patch
b. Siemens website ( Webkey required - Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org If you need help with the webkey)
c. Download the second patch
12) Download and Install 7 zip from this website http://www.7-zip.org/ (do not use windows default program to unzip this as it will not work).
13) You will have to unzip nx85_nx9_java7_u65_u67.zip folder with the help of 7 zip.
15) Paste the contents to the following locations:
a. For NX 9.0
- C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 9.0\UGDOC\html_files\nx_help\
- C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 9.0\REL_INFO\release_notes\english
- C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 9.0\REL_INFO\whatsnew\english
b. For NX 8.5
- C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 8.5\UGDOC\html_files\nx_help\
- C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 8.5\REL_INFO\release_notes\english
- C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 8.5\REL_INFO\whatsnew\english
16) Once you are done with the above procedure, launch NX documentation.
17) On the security warning Java window – click on don’t block.
18) Type something in the search box and verify if you are able to search the documentation.
19) If you have any questions please contact email@example.com.