If you can’t load (SPLMLicenseServer_v7.0.0_win64_setup.exe or lower) FLEXLM on Windows 2012:
- Make sure the latest 64 bit and 32 bit versions of Java are installed.
- Download the SPLMLicenseServer_v7.1.1_win64_setup.exe from https://download.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/siemens_plm_licensing/Installs/
- You will need your WebKey or need to create a WebKey for the Siemens site (email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help).
- Right click on SPLMLicenseServer_v7.0.0_win64_setup.exe and select Properties.
- Select the 'Compatibility' tab
- Check the box 'Run this program in compatibility mode for:'
- On the pull down menu, select 'Windows 7'
- Select 'OK'
- Run SPLMLicenseServer_v7.0.0_win64_setup.exe
- Although the workaround has not been tested, it should work as well.
Application Engineering Manager
Ally PLM Solutions