Download the Solid Edge ST8 Microsoft Installer (MSI) Maintenance Pack 3 now.
Microsoft Installer (MSI) Maintenance Packs:
Beginning with Solid Edge ST8, Maintenance Packs are delivered as and installed using Microsoft Installer (MSI) technology. Solid Edge MSI based Maintenance Packs are installed and tracked as Product Updates.
- MSI Product Updates can be applied on top of the base release and or existing Product Update with a lesser version.
- MSI Product Updates are all inclusive with fixes delivered in MP3 include all fixes delivered in MP1 and MP2.
- MSI Product Updates calculate free disk space before installing. Be paitient - note that there have been cases where the Disk Space Computation can take several minutes to complete.
- MSI Product Updates can be uninstalled without having to remove the base Solid Edge product.
- Uninstalling a MSI Product Update will restore the installation to the state before the Product Update was applied.
- PLEASE NOTE: When uninstalling a MSI Product Update, the original source media and the previous Product Update package, if any, must be available to allow the recovery of previous file versions.
- The current MSI Product Update will be the only Update listed and available for uninstallation. After the current Update is uninstalled, the previous Update will become the current Update, if there were multiple Updates installed.
- MSI Product Updates are uninstalled via the Control Panel (Uninstall a program –> View installed updates -> Uninstall).
Solid Edge Maintenance Packs are released for CRITICAL items only. Maintenance Packs are available up to 15 months following the release date of the English version. The release date for Solid Edge ST8 English was 06/05/15, making the Maintenance Pack cutoff date 09/05/16.
Solid Edge - Solid Edge ST8 MP3 or later supports Windows 10 if the Windows 10 “November Refresh” version 1511 (OS Build 10586.0) or later is installed. Solid Edge does not support the new Windows 10 browser, Microsoft Edge.
Solid Edge Integration to Teamcenter - The Solid Edge integration to Teamcenter 10.1.5 and later have been tested on Windows 10 connected to Teamcenter 10.1 and 11.2 servers and there are no known issues. Teamcenter plans to announce support of Windows 10 with Teamcenter 10.1.6 and 11.2.2.
Solid Edge SP - ST8 Solid Edge SP cannot support Windows 10 due to the following unresolved PR assigned to Microsoft: PR 7410688 - Win 10 does not show the SESP Preview/Properties Card or Edit Properties.
ST8 Maintenance Packs can be downloaded from:
The Ally PLM Technical Support Team is available to answer any questions and provide support for all of your needs including Maintenance packs. You can contact the Ally PLM Technical Support Team via email at email@example.com or via phone at (513) 984-0480 Option: 4.