Cortona3D is a suite of Rapid Authoring tools used to create technical publications such as parts catalogs, manuals, work instructions and even training modules. The latest version, Rapid Author 6.3, was released in November and includes some significant product enhancements such as the Rapid Developer suite and a professional version of their 2D Editor. Below you will see some of the key features in this latest release.
> Register for an upcoming Cortona3D Overview Webinar HERE.
Introducing... The Cortona 2D Editor Pro
RapidAuthor now contains an advanced 2D editor that introduces a range of time-saving features:
• Visual interface for editing hotspot properties. Hotspotting allows the user to link areas on the 2D image to rows in the parts list.
• Comprehensive context menu to add layers and edit their properties.
• Snap objects to a grid to align them.
• Grouping objects.
• Property bundles enable you to define line, shape, text and marker property sets (bundles), assign property bundle to object(s), select objects by property bundle, and to exchange property bundles between computers.
• A wide range of context commands for quick adding points and segments to various objects, object scaling, saving and replacing raster images, object converting.
• Filters by object type that simplify the object multiple selection.
• Improved CGM support.
• Printing images.
*Note: Cortona2D Editor Pro is also available as a standalone product.
The Cortona3D Rapid product family has been expanded with a new tool, RapidDeveloper. This is a complementary product to RapidAuthor which enables RapidAuthor users to customize the data import process and the output format for RapidAuthor projects. RapidDeveloper consists of two products: RapidConfiguration and RapidSpecification.
This tool facilitates the analysis of source CAD data for controlling and customizing the data import settings. RapidConfiguration introduces support for loading sample 3D data, and user-friendly wizards guide you through the process of choosing the required settings. These enable the user to specify and map the data to fit the template also called specification component within RapidAuthor. Specifically the user will be able to customize the following properties:
• Adjust the 3D data structure.
• Choose the measurement units for correct scaling of 3D geometry.
• Set the axes orientation.
• Modify the surface properties.
• Create custom level of details for each part.
• Map the CAD metadata for reuse in the document.
The RapidAuthor tools use a template (specification component) to determine the format and appearance of the created document. Specification components are plug-in elements and some industry standard specifications are supplied with RapidAuthor out of the box (e.g. DITA 1.1, ATA iSpec 2200, S1000D Procedural and IPD data module). RapidSpecification provides the user the ability to create custom specification components to meet their authoring requirements. This enables users to define:
• The metadata used in the specification.
• The document type (e.g. Parts Catalog, Maintenance Procedure, Computer Based Training).
• The format of the document (e.g. column headings, column width, set of available actions).
• The file format of the published output and its appearance.
> Learn More Information About Cortona3D Here.
Ally PLM Solutions